Providing the direction you need to make your adventures come true
You have the best of intentions: to hike a challenging mountain trail, to take a weeklong backpack trip, to take an epic journey. But when it comes to figuring out how to make your vision happen, well, that’s when things fall apart. The logistics, the planning, the preparation — it can overwhelming for even the most accomplished explorer.
It’s not that you’re not inept. You just need a little direction.
GetGoingNC offers an Adventure Coaching program that helps individuals and groups achieve their adventure goals. With GetGoingNC Adventure Coaching, you get:
- Initial consultation. After filling out a questionnaire identifying your goals (general or specific), we’ll meet to discuss them in detail. From that initial consultation comes an IPA (Initial Plan of Action).
- IPA. Your IPA outlines various options and what will be required of you to fulfill each option. This is not a detailed plan of attack; rather, an overview of what would be required, to give you a better sense of the task.
- Plan of Action. We’ll go over the IPA and come up with your final Plan of Action, which will include a detailed plan of attack. Together, we’ll devise a plan that’s realistic and meets your adventure goals. The Plan will include your chosen goal, logistics for achieving that goal, and a training plan for meeting that goal. A key element of your plan will be an in-depth look at the gear you’ll need, how to plan and execute a safe trip, and resources you can use to achieve your goal. The goal is to have a Plan of Action in place within two weeks of signing up for GetGoingNC Adventure Coaching.
- Monthly phone check-in. Once a month, we’ll touch base by phone to see how your goal is coming along, making adjustments, if necessary.
- Open email access. Feel free to check in with questions via email as need be. If an answer is better handled over the phone, we’ll make that happen.
- One goal or more. Your Plan of Action needn’t be limited to one goal. If you want to learn to backpack and climb 10 of North Carolina’s 40 6,000-foot peaks, we’ll devise a plan that addresses both goals.
- Journal. You’ll receive a journal to help you keep tabs on your progress.
- Twenty percent discount on any Get! programs, including GetBackpacking! and GetHiking! The Southeast’s Classic Hikes, and others that may develop during 2016.
- Cost: $250 for individuals, $350 for a group. That covers a year of coaching.
That is, why trust me, Joe Miller, to help you achieve your goals? First, I love seeing people get out of the outdoors what I get out of the outdoors. I experience this regularly through our GetHiking! and GetBackpacking! programs — and I want to experience it more in 2019. And, as an outdoor adventure writer for 26 years, I know a thing or two about where to go and how to get here. Check out my credentials here.
To sign up or for more information, contact Joe Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.791.6155.