Wondering when your favorite seasonal campground or roadside attraction in the National Parks will reopen? We have some dates:
Blue Ridge Parkway
- Price Park Campground at MP 297: April 2-Oct. 31
- Linville Falls at MP 314: April 2-Oct. 31
- Crabtree Falls at MP 339: May 28-Oct. 31
- Mount Pisgah at MP 408.8: May 28-Oct. 31
- Moses Cone Manor House at MP 294: April 15
- Linville Falls at MP 316: April 30.
- N. Museum of Minerals at MP 330: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. through April.
- Craggy Gardens at MP 364.5: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. starting April 17.
- Waterrock Knob at MP 451: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. starting April 17.
Shenandoah National Park
- March 25: Lewis Mountain Campground (mile 57.5)
- March 26: Big Meadows Campground (mile 51.2)
- May 5: Mathews Arm Campground (mile 22.2), Loft Mountain Campground (mile 79.5), and Dundo Group Campground (mile 83.7)
- Picnic Grounds will open on the following schedule:
- March 25: Lewis Mountain Picnic Grounds (mile 57.5)
- March 26: Big Meadows Picnic Grounds (mile 51.2)
- Open year round: Dickey Ridge Picnic Grounds (mile 4.7), Elkwallow Picnic Grounds (mile 24.1), Pinnacles Picnic Grounds (mile 36.7), South River Picnic Grounds (mile 62.8), and Dundo Picnic Grounds (mile 83.7)
- Dickey Ridge Visitor Center (mile 4.6 Skyline Drive): open Fridays through Tuesdays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays), No indoor exhibits or films.
- Byrd Visitor Center (mile 51 Skyline Drive)
- Open 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., No indoor exhibits or films.
The restaurants, lodges, and associated facilities operated by the park concessioner, Delaware North, open as follows:
- March 25: Lewis Mountain Cabins and Campstore (mile 57.5)
- March 26: Skyland Resort (mile 41.7 and 42.5)
- March 26: Big Meadows Wayside (mile 51.2)
- April 1: Elkwallow Wayside (mile 24.0)
- April 23: Big Meadows Lodge (mile 51.2)
- April 23: Loft Mountain Wayside (mile 79.5)
- May 5: Loft Mountain Campstore (mile 79.5)
- May 28: Skyland Stables (mile 42.5) and
For more information about planning a trip to Shenandoah National Park, please visit our website at http://www.nps.gov/shen or call the park at (540) 999-3500.
Meanwhile in our national forests
George Washington and Jefferson National Forestsare opening recreation sites on the Eastern Divide Ranger District in Bland, Botetourt, Craig, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski, Roanoke, Smyth, Tazewell, and Wythe Counties, Virginia and Monroe County, West Virginia:
- April 15: The following reservable group campgrounds: Boley Fields, Caldwell Fields, Craig Creek and Steel Bridge.
- May 13: On a first come-first serve basis: The Pines, White Rocks and White Cedar. (The White Rocks and White Cedar Campgrounds will be opened with reduced services as their water systems are currently not operational.)
And in the Pisgah National Forest:
Mortimer Campground in the Wilson Creek area of the Pisgah National Forest’s Grandfather District has reopened after being closed for a year for repairs.
Learn more about these and other campgrounds at recreation.gov.