Love the idea of camping but leery of making a big investment into something you’re not sure you’ll like?
Welcome to GetCamping!
Our GetCamping! program aims to make your introduction to camping as easy and inexpensive as possible, by providing the key pieces of camping gear you need from Great Outdoor Provision Co.
- Tent. Shelter is key. Our kit includes the 4-person Kaiju 4 tent from The North Face. It provides plenty of room to sleep, even hang out. The tent includes a rainfly to keep you protected from the occasional sprinkle, and is well-vented to make sure you sleep through the night with a constant supply of fresh air.
- Air mattress. The big complaint about camping: I don’t want to sleep on the ground. With the ExPed inflatable sleeping pad, you’ll sleep on a three-inch cushion of air. Nearly as restful as your designer mattress back home.
- Camp chairs. Face it, part of the appeal of camping is the opportunity to sit and relax — for extended periods. Now, the chairs you use at the beach are nice — for a half hour or so. But imagine a camp chair that captures the magic of your favorite recliner, but can tote from the campsite to the lake to an overlook for sunset. That chair your picturing is the one we provide, the GCI Fireside Rocker. Two are included with each kit.
- Hammock. Take your relaxation to the next step, the nap step, with a camp hammock from Eno.
- Tarp. A tarp provides an extra layer of insulation and protection for your tent floor.
- Light. Just because the sun calls it a day doesn’t mean you have to. We supply you with a Black Diamond Spot headlamp to help you navigate the evening.
- Kitchen. Even if you’re just warming up meals brought from home, you’ll need cooking gear. Our kit includes a Primus two-burner propane stove (including gas canister), and a stainless steel cookset.
Is that all we need to camp? you ask. No, just the things you likely don’t already have if you aren’t a camper. Everything else you’ll need you probably already have on hand. When you sign up, we provide a checklist of what you’ll need in camp and what you likely already have that works as a fine substitute.
How GetCamping! Rental works
Here’s how our rental program works.
- First, sign up. Then, we will:
- Send you the aforementioned list of camping gear substitutes
- Provide information on how to set up/use the gear in the kit
We take every precaution to make sure the kit you receive is clean and safe. Here’s our protocol:
- When a kit is returned from being used, it’s kept in quarantine for three days.
- After three days, each piece of equipment is cleaned with a disinfectant approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention for use against SARs-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID 19. We wear gloves when cleaning the gear and let each piece air dry. We then use gloves to repack the gear into the GetHiking! Camp Kit, for the next user. In the case of the Concierge Service, the gear is assembled by your glove-wearing GetCamping! host.
Like it, buy it!
If you love camping and the gear you’ve rented, you can buy the same package new from Great Outdoor Provision Co., with your rental fee applying toward the purchase price!
$195 for two nights
For the weekend of July 2-5
Pickup Thursday (July 1) or Friday (July 2), return Tuesday (July 5). We have rental 3 kits available for this weekend.