Short on time? Got visiting family in from out of town? Maybe you’ve been itching to get a friend to hike with you. These five Triangle hikes are short on distance but long on esthetics, proving that you don’t need to hike 10 miles to experience the joys of the great outdoors.
Everything you need to explore these trails, from directions to the trailhead to a detailed description of the hike to a custom map are included for each of the five hikes. There are:
- Seven Mile Creek Nature Preserve, Orange County.
- Jordan Lake State Educational Forest, Chapel Hill.
- Bobbit Hole and Cole Mill Trail loop, Eno River State Park, Durham.
- Duke Forest, Korstian Division, Gate 25, Durham.
- Mountains-to-Sea Trail: James M. Johnston Preserve, Hillsborough.