It’s the last week of the spring Hike NC session, the hiking program aimed at beginners launched by BlueCross North Carolina in 2016. The program is aimed at beginners and is a great opportunity to for beginners to finally take those first steps down the trail. On tap:
- Friday June 15, 6:30 p.m., Saxapahaw Island Park, Saxapahaw. 1.5 miles, easy.
- Saturday June 16, 10 a.m., Latta Plantation Nature Preserve, Charlotte. 3.8 miles, moderate.
- Saturday June 16, 10 a.m., Seymour Athletic Fields, Apex. 1.5 miles, easy.
- Monday, June 18, 6 p.m., Eno River State Park: Cox Mountain Trail, Orange County. 3.75 miles, moderate.
- Thursday, June 21, 5:30 p.m., Umstead State Park: Reedy Creek Bike & Bridle Trail, Raleigh. 3 miles, moderate.
You can find more events at the following:
North Carolina State Parks has a variety of adventures planned for the weekend. Check those options here.
- Right here, at GetGoingNC.com.