Here’s why, as documented in this three-and-a-half-minute video we shot during our June 24-27 GetBackpacking! trip exploring Virginia’s Triple Crown. Four days, three nights, 35 miles, three major climbs, three iconic views and great scenery throughout. Challenging? Yup. But oh so worth it.
We’ll let the video make our case. Then, when you’re done and you’re thinking, How come I’m not a backpacker? check the links below for descriptions of our upcoming classes in September and to sign up. Each class consists of an introductory gear session, a five-hour in-field training session and a two-night weekend graduation trip to South Mountains State Park.
- GetBackpacking! Intro to Backpacking! (Charlotte and Triad)
- GetBackpacking! Intro to Backpacking! (Triangle)
Already a backpacker? Then join us on one of our upcoming trips:
- Appalachian Trail: Carvers Gap to US 19E, July 16-18
- Wilson Creek area of the Pisgah National Forest (basecamp trip), Aug. 6-8
- Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock Creek/Citico Creek Wilderness (basecamp trip), Sept. 16-19