Daytime temperatures around 80, wake-up temperatures in the mid-50s — if that’s not early fall hiking weather, we don’t know what is.
And to get you out on the trail this weekend, we’re offering our hiking guides to you for 50 percent off.
What’s so special about these guides? you ask.
If you’re an avid hiker and know the local trails well, probably nothing. These guides are aimed at folks who:
- Don’t hike as much
- Aren’t sure where to go
- Are nervous about exploring a trail on their own, especially a new one
Our GetHiking! guides help take the mystery out of a trail by including:
- Overview of the hike so you can tell if it’s something that appeals to you
- A short video, to give you an even better feel for the experience
- Key details such as how to get to the trailhead, distance, difficulty, trail length, type of hike (loop, out-and-back), whether there are restrooms at the trailhead, kid friendliness, whether dogs are allowed and more.
- A custom map showing the route
- A detailed route description
We also have packets that include hikes with a common theme. For instance:
- 3 Hikes for Avoiding the Masses. Avoiding the crowded trails of fall can be a challenge. You’ll encounter far fewer people on these trails. Check it out here.
- 5 Great Hikes for Beginners. Just getting into hiking, or just coming back after a hiatus? These 5 hikes are suited for newbies. Check it out here.
- 5 of Our Favorite Land Trust Hikes. If nature is hiking’s big draw for you, these 5 hikes on land trust properties should be especially appealing. Check it out here.
- 5 Great Short Hikes. Short on time? These hikes of 2 to 3 miles are ideal quick escapes. Check it out here.
- 3 Hikes for Fall. These would seem especially appropriate, no? Check it out here.
Don’t let a little uncertainty keep you from enjoying a gorgeous September weekend on the trail. You can find all of our hikes here. And, through Sunday, if you enter the code GETOUT at checkout, you’ll get 50 percent off.
A little direction will help you get the most out of the weekend. GetOut! And enjoy!